Sunday, November 27, 2011

Comments about the African-American Civil Rights movement (1955-1968)

I’m John, one of the members of the African-American Civil Rights movement (1955-1968) under the command of Martin Luther King. I admired my leader because he always uses Non-violence resistance when he tried to stop the racial segregation. Yup, he got discriminated just because he was black as same as us. If I were him, I would use violence in order to get revenge what they had done to me. But if I really had done that, our movement would come to failure and Barack Obama who is the 44th president of US in 50 years after we achieved the success on our movement. I learned that if we opposed the white people by using the violence, they would have the grudge on us and payback to us in 2 times or 3 times. Violence will bring more horrible violence. But if we opposed them without using the violence, the people wouldn’t hold any grudges on it which means they couldn’t do more cruel things to the black people and eventually surrendered to the black people by outnumbered. That’s why I respect our leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment